Travel to Cuba for U.S. citizens is regulated by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and although tourism is still not allowed, citizens from the U.S. can travel to Cuba under one of the currently authorized categories. Global Incite's service learning experiences are educational, humanitarian, people-to-people experiences. As with all of Global Incite's experiences travelers will have the opportunity to learn while serving. Although we participate in many fun and exciting experiences wherever we travel, individuals consistently share that our service is the most rewarding part of their experience. Cuba is no exception! Join us for a once in a lifetime adventure where you will discover first hand why Cuba is such a captivating country and you will also learn about environmental sustainability, Cuba's history, culture and Cuban lifestyle including the vibrant nightlife - all within a safe group environment.
TRAVEL DATES/ duration
November 14-21, 2017 / 8 Days, 7 nights
- RT flight from Washington, DC (ask for additional departure cities)
- Visa/tourist card
- Planned excursions which include transportation and local bilingual guide
- Local community empowerment project, educational experience and donation to community
- Casa particular (bed and breakfast) accommodations
- Two meals per day (breakfast each day, other meals as listed within itinerary)
- Travel through Cuba - overnight and planned excursions in historical Habana and the colonial city of Trinidad de Cuba with history of slave sugar plantations and also a stop in island town of Cienfuegos
- Visits to three UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Scheduled ride in vintage American cars
- Departure tax
- GI Staff 24 hour support
- Cuba emergency medical insurance.
- Learn of Cuban history and culture
- Work with local community empowerment project
- Meet with community leaders to discuss Cuba today and its future
- Travel through Cuba visiting Habana, Cienfuegos and Trinidad de Cuba
- Participate in a tour of Habana including Old Habana
- Visit the bustling port city of Cienfuegos
- Explore the colonial town of Trinidad
- Experience Cuba’s vibrant nightlife culture including live Cuban music
- Free time to explore
Not Included: Optional tours/excursions (e.g. cigar factory, the Great Theater House), dancing halls, personal expenses, luggage beyond that included with ticket souvenirs, trip insurance (emergency medical insurance is included, however we highly recommend trip insurance on this and all trips), etc.
Profits from GI trips support our mission of bridging the gap of underrepresented student educational travel.
Changes with travel to Cuba for U.S. citizens - the changes announced on June 16, 2017 will likely go into effect in September. If the change go into affect, it is predicted that at that point, individual travel to Cuba will not be allowed, but group educational, people-to-people travel will still be allowed by educational travel organizations such as Global Incite, LLC. Click here to visit the U.S. Department of Treasury's OFAC Q&A sheet that further explains the changes.